Samuel! Samuel!

This week is the Second Sunday after Pentecost and we enter into what is known as "Ordinary Time". During this time we use the Revised Common Lectionary for our readings and those readings are referred to as the "Propers" of the day. This week is Proper 9 of Year B. Complicated I know but let us rather focus on the stories we hear.

Today we hear the Call of Samuel - one of my personal favourite call stories.

The sermon I offered for today can be found by clicking

HERE

We were also very blessed to have a visiting priest, the Reverend Canon Diran Ogundipe from Lagos, Nigeria in our midst. He and his lovely wife were on vacation in the area. One of the customs I observe is to offer the altar to any visiting priest and he accepted my offer. It was wonderful to have him preside at the Holy Mysteries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I guess someone IS reading this blog after all...

Sermon for this week