Wednesday - a different kind of day

Wednesday had a very different kind of feel to it.  Most of the participants went off to Bible with Bill but I stayed behind to have a very powerful conversation with one of the participants who is going through a difficult time.  We shared stories, cried a bit together and I anointed her for healing, wholeness and peace.

Shortly there after we were joined by The Most Reverend Thabo Makgoba, Archbishop of South Africa and Bishop of Cape Town.  His Grace was just that, full of humble grace, dignity and joy.  It was profoundly moving to sit with him for almost two hours to hear some of his stories and he wanted to hear some of ours.  He told us that if any of the clergy wanted to come to spend a term, or a year, in his diocese he would welcome us put us to work to share the gifts we have with the people of his diocese.  I have to say the idea of spending a year in a place like South Africa is, well its intriguing and bears praying about... though I'm pretty sure my wife and child will have to be consulted ;-) - NO I am not moving to South Africa... at least not as far as I know... yet.  But... can you imagine what I and my family would learn from the people of that place...

Anyway... enough of that... for now...

The afternoon I spent running errands and visiting one of the local churches.  One of the staff team is placed at that parish as a student and he needed to retrieve his vestments for worship.

The evening on Wednesday was a free evening and most of us decided to descend upon one of the local pubs.  It was a wonderful time of good food, great laughs and excellent beer.

After supper we came to the Collegiate Chapel of St. John the Evangelist to worship using An Order for Compline.  During the worship I shared the Godly Play story of the Parable of the Mustard Seed.

After worship I shared in two very important conversations as well as stayed up far too late laughing and telling stories.

That is all for now, I must get ready for the day, a day where I will once again see and get to spend time with good people and even get to see our Primate for the first time in over four years.

Anon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I guess someone IS reading this blog after all...

Sermon for this week