A Day of Creation

Today the participants began with a tutorial about what media is and how it is created to tell stories and hopefully change the world. Our media guru was Bram Ryan who has been creating media of many forms and he was a great teacher.

After lunch the participants created media to tell a part of their story. I spent the afternoon wandering amongst them and offering tips about how to tell stories and help in what ever way I could to give them focus to their work.

When the pieces were presented I was completely blown away! These young people speak the language of media. They each created wonderful pieces using technology and software that many of them had never seen before. I have no idea how they did what they did in the short amount of time that they had.

We concluded the day with Allie telling us the Godly Play story of the First Creation Story. It was wonder-ful to say the least. We then shared in the worship of Compline.

I was so proud of what the participants created and I told them so. In each of their brief pieces they gave us a glimpse into their souls and who they are. It was an honour and a privilege to witness their creations.

Now I can't wait to see what they create when they begin to look at the world and how it could be changed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I guess someone IS reading this blog after all...

19 March 2006 - The Third Sunday in Lent