Arrival

The house was ready.

I had the extreme pleasure of venturing forth from Brough Hall to go and meet five of the eight participants. I jumped aboard a chartered 12 passenger bus with my driver Ted.

Ted got me to the Toronto Airport safely and I eagerly went into the arrivals area. I knew three of the five already - had met them at other youth events in Nova Scotia. After all five had arrived - three out of Halifax, one from Prince George, and one from Victoria we all piled into the bus again with Ted who dutifully took us back to Brough Hall.

The voyage was full of questions and stories. The participants wanted to know some stuff about the program and about the area. We got to know each other a little in the two hour drive.

Upon arrival Jenny was waiting for us and they were shown to their rooms by Allie. I met the other three participants - one of whom I know as well. Two of them are from Guelph and the last to arrive was from Toronto.

Supper was waiting for us. A delicious meal of roast chicken and veggies.

Over desert of brownies and ice cream, Janet told us about the first "task" they were to accomplish was to create their own apron - the vestment of ministry for the kitchen. The apron was to tell a little bit about who they are; something important about them or something they liked. The participants got busy creating these vestments using various forms of fabric they ironed on, or they drew on them, or they did a bit of both. The creations are lovely and each tells a story of who they are. I found a fantastic piece of fabric that had acorns all over it and with Su's help I created an acorn that I will put on my own apron.

The night concluded with a lovely worship in the university chapel.

And now it is late... and as Compline says, "It is night after a long day. What has been done... has been done. What has not been done... has not been done. Let it be."

Good night and until tomorrow...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I guess someone IS reading this blog after all...

Sermon for this week