Friday

Friday was another day of preparation for the leadership team... preparation and fun. We began the day discussing some of the norms for a community like this: norms around food safety and personal safety. We told stories from our experiences of how we dealth with tricky situations where boundaries were blurred and how we kept ourselves and others safe.

After lunch we made sure all was in readiness for the arrival of 15 excited and terrified young people. The rooms are prepared. The living spaces are ready. The members of the leadership team are unified!

In the afternoon we went to the shores of Lake Huron to have some fun together. I'm not much of a beach person but I pushed myself as far as I could... something I have promised to do. We ate a wonderful meal (I even got to barbeque!!) had fantastic conversations and then we went back to the beach to sing and pray in preparation for the day to come. The singing was wonderful, the prayer was powerful, the team is ready.

We came home to Brough in a state of mind that says, "Bring them on! They won't know what hit them. They are going to run into a wall of love."

Saturday the participants all arrive and I cannot wait, my anticipation level is extreme, and yet it will unfold as it will unfold - I have to let it.

So... buckle up, here we go, it's going to be a wild ride!!

Elliott+

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Sounds good, my son.
    Nan had a wonderful day and really loved your card. perhaps you can start a new trend for all your loved ones. I am sure we will be thrilled.
    I can hardly wait to read of your wonderful experiences there each day. Dad & I are moving to Mira on Monday but I will be in to the house frequently and will keep up with your days there.
    much love, Mum

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I guess someone IS reading this blog after all...

Sermon for this week