Retreat Day

Saturday was a time to be quiet and reflect upon what we have been learning and to so some more intentional learning. After a lovely breakfast of personally made omelets by Judy we were invited to a time of silence. During this time there were some workshops available to learn new skills normally practised in silence. Jenny ran a Brazilian yoga body prayer group. Grayhame lead a holy work group who prayerfully polished chapel vessels and space. Emma lead a praying in colour group. And Sarah lead a picture meditation group. I made myself available for spiritual care, confession, and quiet chat. While I waited for participants to come I spent the time in prayer during which I held each person in this program up before God.

Lunch was spent in near silence - we only spoke the words we absolutely needed to. After lunch we were given some freedom to do some of the practises that were learned or to simply relax and rest. I fell asleep. I slept really well... too well as I missed the group going to walk a huge labyrinth not far away. I guess I needed the rest more than I needed the meditation.

Supper was a noisy affair once again as the stricture of silence was lifted while we ate pizza! After supper we boarded a bus and headed out to Canterbury Hills in Ancaster, ON. We had worship around the campfire and initiated Emma into the s'mores club - being from England she had never heard of such things... weird.

After campfire we all headed off to bed for the next day was to be a full one filled with the high ropes challenge. Many people went to bed excited and many people went to be terrified (like me). We were all fascinated, though, by what the morning would bring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I guess someone IS reading this blog after all...

Sermon for this week