Friday... the day before it all begins...

Friday was a day of preparation, discussion and exploration.

We prepared by discussing "Living on the Edge: Boundaries, safety and the care of souls in the 'thin places'", getting rooms set up, making name tags for the doors, organizing the kitchen and dining room, writing a workshop on worship, etc. We welcomed two other team members in Janet, our quartermaster, and Sara, who will be helping us make our aprons for cooking.

In the late afternoon we departed from the campus to go to visit Jenny's aunt and uncle on the shores of Lake Huron. After getting only slightly lost on the way we arrived in the midst of a pine forest. When I got out of the car I hear an oddly familiar sound... waves crashing upon the beach! Judy said, "That sound is not the ocean, it is a lake!"

After a delightful meal we all decided to venture down to the beach. At first I was a bit hesitant as beaches and I are not the best of friends and I live on the Atlantic Ocean - I have seen beaches. But I am really glad that I did go down the poison ivy laden trail to the beach.

What I found and experienced was a little bit of home - visually. Lake Huron is extremely big and the waves were quite impressive - even to me. The sand on the beach was extremely fine and silky, very unlike the coarse sand of home. Some of our group decided to get their swimming costumes (to use an Emma term from England) and go for a frolic amongst the waves. I was just content to stand and watch but it looked and sounded like they were all having a great time.

We arrived home late and I, once again, fell into bed exhausted and elated.

Today (Saturday) is a big day... they are all arriving! I write more about that soon...

Blessings,
E+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I guess someone IS reading this blog after all...

Sermon for this week