An Open Letter to the Roman Catholic Church

My dear brothers and sisters in Christ of the Roman Catholic Church,

It is with a profound sense of sadness that I learned of the death of Pope John Paul II. I grieve with all the Roman Catholic Church at the loss of this great man.

I feel that I must reach out to you all at this sad time, to reach out in support and in love. The death of a leader such as John Paul is keenly felt by the whole of the church universal. I admired his faithful witness to the Gospel message as he had received it. He was a man of great convictions and a man of great compassion.

Of all the stories that have been written and spoken about this man I am drawn to his passion for youth ministry. He recognized that youth are more than the future of the Christian church, they are here in the present and they have hopes, dreams and needs for the church. During my studies at Atlantic School of Theology I was blessed to have taken part in a service that revolved around the cross that John Paul blessed for World Youth Day. It is one of my fondest memories of my time in seminary.

Please be assured of the prayers of your sisters and brothers in the Anglican Church in Neil's Harbour and Ingonish. John Paul will be remembered at our services of worship over the next nine days. We shall pray for the repose of his soul and that he will be reunited with our Heavenly Father in His glorious kingdom.

I hope that you all will take fresh strength from the Easter Gospel and in the resurrection of our Lord Jesus as you mourn the loss of a spiritual leader who has touched so many lives.

With my love and blessings,
Elliott+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I guess someone IS reading this blog after all...

19 March 2006 - The Third Sunday in Lent