Turn Over

Monday we turned the program over to the participants. This morning Judy spent time teaching them about the four "G's" of teaching (Grab my attention, Give me something new, Get me to do something, Go made a difference) and she had a session on "The Planning Circle". After lunch four groups spent the afternoon preparing a workshop each on a topic that interested them. I spent the afternoon getting caught up with my blogs and being a resource to the groups as they may need me.

Supper was one fine kind of time, me ol' trout! The four Newfoundlanders put on a traditional Newfie supper. We had coleslaw, eggs, baloney, baked beans (from a family recipe), and toutens (fried dough). There was even a little bit of fried cod too! I felt right at home. After supper we were each "Screeched" in. Now we couldn't use real Screech because of the age of all the participants so they made the worst tea I have ever had! We had to eat a piece of raw baloney, chew a piece of hard tack, put our hands in "the ocean" (really cold water with stones and dirt in it), say "How can you do er ting if ya ain't got nar ting to do it wit??", then kiss a trout (a whole cod is really hard to find in this part of the world), and finally drink the "Screech." It was fun to watch the expression on each face as they were presented with each obstacle.

After being presented with hand made "You's a true Newf!" certificates the participants had a lot of fun outside with a hose, a sprinkler and some sponges. I, however was not feeling well at all. My exhaustion finally got the better of me and I had to excuse myself from the rest of the evening's activities. I went to bed early and caught up on the sleep I needed.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:58 PM

    Hello Fr. Elliott:

    One of the young people Edmonton spoke quite highly of your ministry at Ask & Imagine, and I just wanted to pass that on to you.

    Blessings on your ministry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I guess someone IS reading this blog after all...

Sermon for this week