Oh my beloved CBC...

I think it is pretty safe to say that I am a big fan of the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. Until now, on Monday the management chose to lock out their 5500 employees. Their website says that they were "forced" to lock out the members of the the Reporters' Guild, but I think if they were to be honest they "chose" to lock them out. Ever since the lockout occurred the quality of CBC programming on television and radio has fallen to zero. Their reporting has become wildly biased in favour of the management - of course since it is the managers doing the reporting I guess this is to be expected.

Now, I am not sure if anyone will actually read this but...

To the managers of the CBC get back to doing what you do best so that the quality programming that we have all come to expect from your corporation can continue. Please, make the choice to go back to the table and reopen negotiations so that you can chose to reopen your doors to your employees. Everyday you chose otherwise drives more and more CBC lovers like me away from your networks.

As a member of the clergy I am extremely concerned for the welfare of our public institutions because I see the need for and the benefit of them. We need to be kept informed of what is going on in this world of ours and that is something the CBC did very well. I pray that this situation will be resolved quickly and for the benefit of all.

Thank you for reading this.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I guess someone IS reading this blog after all...

19 March 2006 - The Third Sunday in Lent